Writers Block, Imposter Syndrome, and Happiness!

Their is no point in avoiding this as much as I have tried. I can't write, I have a major block and it sucks. I have stories in my head but can't write them down. I am in the same boat as many Authors that have come to this juncture. I have completed I Am Lesbian the latest major update to it but no new release to bring out and it has sadly left me disappointed also my younger audience who has impatiently waiting for a new book but I have nothing. 

When They Kissed and Keeping Her A Secret were scheduled to be released this year but I have no desire to write them. I can't even come up with a concept for a new book without making it too personal which is one I did come up with but I feel that it would bother my readers even though it would be fictional but it would lead to more of those judging of already what goes on in the LGBTQ+ Community and it was a very personal stand point on my part. Then I had an idea for Butterflies a title that I have been dying to write since I got the book cover from a good friend of mine but that one ends up with a story that doesn't seem good enough for my eyes because it has to be enough to reach readers.

What hasn't helped? Truthfully, ever since I had a Ghost Writer for a book and slight one for 2021-2022 it has taken away my light of the stories I wanted to be told in my view but I have Imposter Syndrome so bad because of it. The only thing that has kept me active is making sure to have my books in places where they need to be for new readers (audience) like Wattpad, Inkitt, Booknet, Inkspired, aJoara, and StaryWriting aka Dreame. 

For those probably wondering if it is because I have a girlfriend, I doubt it, because I was able to write when I did have other girlfriends. I will admit I thought that was an issue before but it turns out that isn't the issue. Could it be because I have finally come to terms with my life without a man in my life...maybe. Could it be because I am lesbian without labeling myself as bisexual which is what brought the desire of my stories...maybe. I began this writing journey because I was missing myself of following the dreams that I craved and wanted. Now that I have my identity and a woman that fills my soul that has dreams of becoming an Author some day too. I have no reason to write lesbian romance anymore, it is like I have found my reason to stop and I will be leaving my readers with uncompleted Series' and Novels because my happiness has been found. 

All I can come up with is that I have Writers Block and Imposter Syndrome but I can't exclude out my happiness, feeling completed, and having the best life all around. Should I be disappointed? No, because I did become an Author, a dream that has been the best part of my life. Will I ever write again? Maybe, maybe this is my time out. 

The best way to end this blog is by saying that I am around. Here is my linktree for you to follow me:

https://linktr.ee/ambermkestner

This has my books, interviews, sites to where my stories are, and much more. I want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me endlessly and continue to do so. 

Also check out my girlfriend Mackenzie Clark aka Lottie Lotus art work on Instagram and books on Wattpad:

https://www.instagram.com/celestiall0tus/

https://www.wattpad.com/user/CelestialL0tus


♥ Author Amber M. Kestner


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Authors of Amazon & Wattpad: Going Beyond Traditional Route

Personal Life: Lesbian In A Straight Relationship (Amber's Self Discovery)

Stories Are Meant To Be Told....Mine Isn't Finished