Author Update: Control Of My Career

I've been an Author as of today for 7 years, technically 8 but Facebook is a year off for some reason. My dream of being an Author has the most amazing fans that I could ever ask for. I went into this not knowing how to tell stories, correcting spelling and grammar (I still have basic grammar problems but nothing major), details needed, and so much more. Their is a lot that goes into being able to write books, let alone making sure you stand out for those to get your books. When I released Jana & Angel A Girl For Her Series: Volume 1 on this day, the story wasn't as good as it was when it got re-released on the 9th of that same year. It took me watching others helping me with my stories to see that I needed major details to fill in gaps and just to make the stories show how much their backgrounds what they need to keep readers into your books. 

As of yesterday, I have clean slated it all. I said goodbye to all 20 books put them in my bin that is here in my bedroom behind me with the rest of my Indie books collection. My son asked last night, "Mom does that mean I can still keep them?" and I told him, "Of course, they are what taught me how to become an Author." He was happy as can be then redisplay another book instead of mine until I release a new book which no worries, I am still releasing Summer Lovin' and When They Kissed, I will also have new content too. Goodbye to Jana and Angel, Harley and Addy, Tessa, Laila, and Gracelyn, Sienna and Paige, Amber and Natalie, Ashlyn and Juliet, and so many more characters that I have made over the years. 

I feel that this is wise for me though. It isn't because not many readers were reading my books especially A Secret Love Affair. It is because I am actually wanting control of what I release not because of what others want me to release, follow tropes, or anything that gets me notice. I want to make my stories, my way, tell them how they should be told. I have gained respect in this community for not giving up even though I did last year in October 2022 because I was so sick of being bullied every time I did release something and since releasing Keeping Her A Secret with barely any sales, silence from readers, it shows that I have finally made my point that I can tell stories my way without anyone telling me different.

All of our passions change as we grow and mine has changed. I love writing Novellas and Novels instead of Series'. I can't see myself writing Series' for anyone even if they tell me otherwise and expect my books to be long winded. Technically, I love my books going on for well over past 20+ Chapters with over 30k to 40k word count when it could be 60+. My stories shouldn't have to stop because of too much drama or any other excuses from readers. We all write differently. Mine just happens to be filled with a lot of drama and heartache from time to time. Not all stories need a happy ending either. 

So, with that being said. The background noise of hearing it for all of my career is shut off and I'm going to take this time to stand proudly of being free of stories that weren't exactly my own but other voices besides She's My Kind Of Country, Happily Ever After, Clinging To Love, A Coffee Shop Romance, and I will not write dark content to despite my bullies. No more feeding into them either. 

2023-2024 will be a new and improved year. Also, what changed my mind is writing this Holiday Anthology with my husband helping some when needed and looking over my books. He also encouraged me that it would be a smart career move like it is with his own hobby that I help him with. 

♥ Amber 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Authors of Amazon & Wattpad: Going Beyond Traditional Route

Personal Life: Lesbian In A Straight Relationship (Amber's Self Discovery)

Stories Are Meant To Be Told....Mine Isn't Finished