Authors of Amazon & Wattpad: Going Beyond Traditional Route

Exposing our work is beyond the measure of reaching readers. We work endless on end trying to give the best ourselves as Authors to show that we can do it. This is where the world changes once you are with Amazon, you can't be shelved with anyone else once you are with them You can't be partnered with Smashwords, Books-A-Million, Barnes & Noble, Ingram Sparks, and any other Publishing Company willing to sell your books without Amazon on your hind end. I did learn that when I was contributing to both Amazon and Smashwords expanding my horizon. That led to hoping not lose my Kindle Unlimited and Selects program that lets readers borrow books, so I stopped with Smashwords within 2 years even after selling my books for free on there. Now, I have since left them and haven't returned their program for setting up their books became to much of a hassle to deal with. 
Now, I have been with Wattpad since it's start practically of 2008 when I finally settled to living in West Virginia and found a man that I loved. Did I became my writing journey then? Sort of. I was still using Allpoetry and StoryWrite to learn on the writing curve of poetry then short stories. 
As soon as I started Wattpad after having my daughter it became clear that I wanted to make books for a living, I just needed to learn how to write novels and make stories. That is when Clinging To Love became a big two book divided story before putting it together. 
Now, here is where I don't understand with people judge me. I have been using Wattpad as I said since 2008, long before I became an Author. I have had all sorts of stories on there. I have had made at least 4 different accounts because of people telling me certains sites are better or whatever. It gets old quick. Recently, it had taken a turn on me that an Author told me that I shouldn't be displaying my books on Wattpad because I can be banned from Amazon. May I remind you all, I have been in this business since 2016 as an Author, I know the dos and don'ts. I know what is allowed and not allowed. 
This Author has been Publishing since 2018, I believe is when she released her first book. I got a few years on her and same with some others but while their is veteran Authors who have been with Amazon since the early stages. KDP has been around since 2007, so about as long as Wattpad. Yeah, that shows they are both well into their successes to help writers and authors to get their stepping stone. 
My point is that I know that their are Authors on Wattpad including this Author who was my "friend" for nearly 2-3 years maybe a bit longer. I usually brush off her information and roll my eyes. This one pissed me off telling me that I would lose my business with Amazon for being with Wattpad. 
If Amazon Costumer Service decides to ban me for doing something that I like which is using Wattpad to get readers then they would have done so when I admit in my Author notes where I get my reads from. I have never shy away from admitting that I use Wattpad and Inkitt for readers. 
All because some are chicken shit, yeah, I said it to display your books for readers including younger audiences then that is your own doing, not mine. I am an Indie Author and I have proven my stance long enough.
I WILL TAKE BEING BANNED FROM AMAZON but you won't see me leaving Wattpad. I am not hurting a soul using writing apps as long as I am not taking their Author Services. I have KDP for many reasons. 
Follow your heart and souls. Don't listen to others. Keep your eyes on that goal.
If you are wondering who the Author is that told me this bullshit who is also in my Genre of writing, well, if you want me to expose her I will but I am known to bite my tongue. So, I am biting my tongue.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Life: Lesbian In A Straight Relationship (Amber's Self Discovery)

Stories Are Meant To Be Told....Mine Isn't Finished