Author Update: Writing To Write

It's been a little while since I have done a blog update. I know most of you keep an eye on my updates through Wattpad, Inkitt, GetInkspired, Facebook, Facebook Page, Facebook Group, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Discord. I tried to keep everyone in the loop of what goes on. So, if you already know then you can skip this blog update. 

I will not be releasing any more books for 2024 as I have released 5 books and they aren't getting picked up. So, it is what it is. I did my best to appeal for an audience outside of Lesbian Romance and keeping it clean has been a struggle. With A Coffee Shop Romance being a clean romance it has sold more than I expected and a good chunk love the short story that it is. 

Also update on The Little Library, the books that I put in about a month ago or so. I think the reader is keeping them because they haven't returned. So, next batch I do put in by the Dance Studio will be signed copies and to make sure more readers have a chance to get more. I'm gonna have to start buying copies of my books in bulks to put around WV Little Libraries. 

Butterflies isn't going to be released in a few months the story I was writing made it very uncomfortable and I didn't like where it was going. I have no idea what will happen with the book. I know readers are anticipating A Lesbian Latina Romance from me but I will have to take a different approach with it. Making a character get married just to be able to have an affair with a woman isn't ideal and not wise for my younger audience to read. Yes, it does happen and it is very true in most cases but I don't need my characters acting like they have a right to an affair/cheating to solve issues. So, for the time being Butterflies is on hold until I find a better ideal story. 

I will still be writing books, of course, I got an Anthology to work on with my bestie here by January 2025. I got another Anthology coming in the future with my son's group of friends. I do have a few Series' that I need to complete because of readers on writing apps wanting more. Though with how my writing has changed in the years, I am not sure if it'll get readers engaged in the Series' and some of them are really old between 2017-2020. The only one that isn't outdated is Sacred Heart Series with Arianna and Kassidy. I do have a Gay Teen Romance that is has been set to aside but I may start working on it since Butterflies isn't a full progress and needing my attention. 

I'm only 2-3 books away from 30 books to my name. I can't believe I am so close to that many and it has been a struggle to keep writing lately, no lie. I am so addicted to Disney Dreamlight Valley and Reading that it has been more important than gaining readers for my own progress. Right now, until my man is back on Graveyard Shift for work, I will just not be writing and when I do get back to writing it may be easier on me. Cause both of us being on the same schedule isn't helping me at all and I miss being able to work early hours before/after he came home from his shift. I admit I do miss his AWP Years when we weren't up each others butts but I live for his presences too. He is the love of my life and I would be lost without him. So yeah, we will see the following week before Halloween on how it goes for the change of life for him being on Graveyard again.

Anyways, it is off to do whatever until the teenager gets home and he heads off to work. I send my love, hugs, and thoughts effected by the Hurricanes that have tore up lives and towns. Keep safe!

~Author Amber M. Kestner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Authors of Amazon & Wattpad: Going Beyond Traditional Route

Personal Life: Lesbian In A Straight Relationship (Amber's Self Discovery)

Unrealistic