Author Advice: Writing For Yourself

Hello Writers/Authors,

Yes, I am speaking to you once again. I am learning more and more about my writing style also how much I really like my own style of telling stories. I like the somewhat rush of my characters, the ability to have their chemistry shown, and give excellent details. I'm actually pretty happy with how far I have come but reality has set in that I hate writing Slow Burns. I love reading them and seeing how it happens from other Authors like for example J.J. Arias now she writes excellent Slow Burn stories as for me, no, not so much. It was fun and adventures including the trend Enemies To Lovers that has done pretty well on my part but truthfully, it isn't my type of style either. 

All I am trying to tell you is write your books the way you want them to be told even if they are different from others in that same Genre. We all have our own taste of writing. My son Kami has a unique way of writing with his latest book that is on Wattpad which I will leave a link at the end of this blog but me and him tell our stories differently and he loves Gay Romance with some Fantasy. My best friend Tobias writes fast pace Lesbian Romance which is more of what I write too but I really detail mine out and give my characters more background. My girlfriend Mackenzie writes Fan Fiction, I'm not quite sure of her writing style as I am getting to know her and read her books on Wattpad. All that matters is writing the book your way and no one else's. 

If you are curious why this blog came about, it is a simple answer: When They Kissed my current book isn't making me happy and I have explained it to my girlfriend and my several best friends. It is bad enough two of my Published books aren't exactly my own writing, well, okay A Coffee Shop Romance after Chapter 1 is my writing and A Secret Love Affair isn't in my writing at all. Which I have explained that incident enough times. The point of writing your books is to know you're own stories and learn along the way of improving yourself. So, I will most likely being a full rewrite of When They Kissed eventually but it won't be out this year, I am tired of trying to force that book out of me and not capable of making it to my like it. Prepare for a new description because the characters aren't changing I love Vivianne and Rosie for the book. 

I will be in writing though get myself back into gear since I am using NaNoWriMo which has helped me with writing When They Kissed but I need a different project which I have others that have been on the backburner for years. I'm not out of projects it is just getting myself back into writing the stories myself and make them my own. 

I'm going to now end this by saying: WRITE YOUR OWN STORIES! WRITE IN YOUR OWN STYLE! WRITE WHAT YOU LOVE! 

♥ Amber 

Kami's book:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Authors of Amazon & Wattpad: Going Beyond Traditional Route

Personal Life: Lesbian In A Straight Relationship (Amber's Self Discovery)

Stories Are Meant To Be Told....Mine Isn't Finished