Clean Romance Vs. Mature Romance

I'm an Author that is known for writing mildly mature content between two women the spicy is vanilla as one called it because I don't do anything outside of what others think should be added like BDSM or anything that isn't to my flavor. I admit to writing my stories to fast lately and truthfully, I need to slow down an just write at my own pace.

My clean romance which I was following my best friend W.A. Ashes example on because she has it but I did one book on Christian Romance it was a very clean book like no sexual content or anything because the characters were teenagers, well, it failed and it failed badly. As soon as it was released the most I heard from was a few friends who liked it, praise from my Middle School audience, and that is about it. Everyone else outside of it, didn't like it not at all the most rating I got from it was a 3 star on Goodreads with no reasoning as to why they made it 3 star but not everyone likes to leave reviews so I will NOT force it out of my readers. Keeping Her A Secret had been out since May 15th 2023 and it took me over 7 years to finally get the story written to get barely any reads or any reviews with it now being near the end of July as I am writing this out.

I had to literally break down to my audience last night on Facebook, Instagram, Discord, Wattpad, and Inkitt where most of my major audiences are to tell them that Sacred Heart Series is no more, I have lost my audience and it saddens me because I have gained so much respect as an Author for what I write and yet, it backfired badly. A Coffee Shop Romance is my next lowest rating besides my Memoir and Poetry book but those two don't matter as much as the stories that I do write. I do plan on returning to A Coffee Shop Romance to fix it up, expand the story and make it more than just a quick drama story that needs more of it's fill with the characters Ashlyn and Juliet definitely need a longer story than what they got. I'm not ashamed of the original story but it can be better, I have written better than that. 

I'm not done writing if anyone is concerned, no, I am working on an Anthology which is schedule to be released Black Friday as soon as we get everything in order and Authors gathered up for Pre-Order soon as the one hosting this gets it under control. Summer Lovin' is still supposed to be released this year but I am slowly writing it and not rushing because their is no point in rushing my stories. I will release content when I am ready not when someone is in rush of my stories, I'm sorry but they do take time especially researching, details, and so much more which is why I use writing apps to see what readers like and don't like. Lesson learned on Keeping Her A Secret; Clean and Religion don't mix too well, no matter how good the plot is in your eyes. 

Anyways, I am going to go back to writing and get something done before my weeks pick up with Kami's birthday coming up and school right around the corner. 

Best advice I can give in such a short notice: It is okay to have a failed project then to quit because your audience didn't pick it up. Just keep writing and don't sell yourself short because of one project not reaching anyone.

♥ Amber 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Authors of Amazon & Wattpad: Going Beyond Traditional Route

Personal Life: Lesbian In A Straight Relationship (Amber's Self Discovery)

Stories Are Meant To Be Told....Mine Isn't Finished