Unrealistic

This topic is sensitive to me in every aspect possible. I will not lie. I've been writing fictional stories since I was 16 years old, granted, they were very short and a beginning of writing serious stories. At 22, after both my heart surgeries and began getting my GED, I took advantage in class of writing instead of focusing on my GED. I got in a lot of trouble for that, so when we had a substitute a certain one I would divide myself between them both. Writing lesbian romance has been with me since then. I am now 35 years old and been an Author for 8 years. Since becoming an Author, I have gotten more reviews on my work being unrealistic instead of praising my creativity. I get 3-5 star reviews rarely but mostly 1 star reviews. 

The reviews are consistent too. Most one that gets me is the reviewers calling my books unrealistic. No fucking shit! Yeah, I just cursed get over it. Fictional stories aren't meant to be real if I wanted to write reality I would be or hell writing FanFics but I don't do that. I have never been one to write FanFics and don't expect me to either. You want FanFics go to Wattpad, they got a butt load of them. 

You want to know what other books are fictional:

Heartstoppers

Red, White, and Royale Blue

Princess Diaries

Matilda

Twilight

Vampire Academy

50 Shades Of Grey

Harry Potter

A Court Of Thorn and Roses

The Lunar Chronicles

The Shining

IT

Carrie

And many more, so many more. You want realistic go look for Memoirs & Biographies. None of the books I have listed are realistic, they are fiction to the core including my own. I have only been with a few women in my life. The U-Haul lesbians that I get bitched about does exist you may not see it but they do exist. Love at first sight exist. Best friends becoming lovers exist. Enemies to lovers exists. Should I go on? I don't think so. You should get my point. Tons of Authors write Fictional Stories, yet, mine are too unrealistic for the readers. Yet, if we take a look at Jae, J.J. Arias, and many other Lesbian Romance Authors, they get praises 5 stars and positive reviews out of this world. I have my audience yes, I have a wide range of young readers who enjoy my stories, I have about 20-50 adults that enjoy my books but I don't get enough reviews because my 1 stars destroy me or my reputation of who I am is down right wrong in many eyes. 

My journey has never been easy but being constantly told my books are unrealistic is beyond words that I can't explain. So, for those readers who keep saying that and complain about the rush of my stories. I will say this as politely as possible. GO FUCK YOURSELVES! Go praise whoever you like and give those five stars to those who deserve it. My books may not be your taste but they are mine. 

To end this blog for writers and future authors: don't give in to those that hate you or anything else, keep writing, and pushing through. 

♥ Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Authors of Amazon & Wattpad: Going Beyond Traditional Route

Personal Life: Lesbian In A Straight Relationship (Amber's Self Discovery)

Stories Are Meant To Be Told....Mine Isn't Finished