Author Update: Considering Changes Of Genre

This may or may not come as a surprise to my family or friends or even fellow close Author Friends. I've been a Lesbian Romance author for 8 years. Well, it seems that I am considering changing genres to maybe Fantasy or something beyond my imagination. See as of lately I have changed my reading taste to Chinese Fantasy, Fantasy Romance, and just Fantasy all together. I still read some Lesbian Romance but I feel it is has come repetitive. Yes, mine are unique to some extent, I just don't outshine like the others. And, it has seem to kind of set me off that I am always expected to read Lesbian Romance. I am by far a lover of most genres. I love reading books, I am a bookworm, I love stories, I love diving into worlds that I never experienced. I have really gotten into Heartstopper Series, Cursed Princess Club Series, and growing beyond what I have read before.

I feel the Lesbian Romance Genre itself has become a competition instead of being supportive and helping one another. I have noticed outside of that Genre, most authors are very supportive likes my true Author friends W.A. Ashes, Angelina Kerner, Riverr Ravenzwood, K.D. Hilt, Carrie Weston, Jason Blayne, Samuel White, and many, many more that have different Genres then I do. 

Monday, February 5th, 2024 to Sunday, March 31st, 2024. I will currently not be writing anything, I am helping Riverr Ravenzwood with Angelina Kerner's event "Support An Author" to spread word and such as a reader. In that time frame, if I do squeeze in writing it will be for the weekends as long as I am not too busy with the event but I plan to do everything on schedule. 

Will I be doing a name change? To keep myself separate from being apart of Lesbian Romance, maybe, even though I am against it after being called out in 2017. Do I have support? Oh yeah, my younger audience and W.A. Ashes will have my back so will everyone else. My best friend Will thinks its a good idea. Do I have a pen name to use if I do go through with it? Yes, yes, I do it was figured out about 2 years ago. Do I expect to be bullied and called out again? Yes, but they can't stop me at all. I can write whatever the hell I want and if they don't like it that is their problem, not mine.

Anything that is written as Amber M. Kestner is staying. Paperbacks are available for the older books and the other books are still available too. And in case, I ever go back to writing under my real name it is right there. I just won't be promoting anymore of those books. Yes, I am glad to be known, glad to be seen but it is time to finally switch it up and give myself a new taste of books. Who knows, I might stay under my real name and release my new genre that way which will be a whole new Author Bio and new PFP for 2024 that would be fun. 

With that being said, I am going back to writing and I will see you all again soon...maybe. 

♥ Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Authors of Amazon & Wattpad: Going Beyond Traditional Route

Personal Life: Lesbian In A Straight Relationship (Amber's Self Discovery)

Stories Are Meant To Be Told....Mine Isn't Finished