Author Update: Not Writing, More Reading

 

Interesting name for a blog, I get it. I do. As an Author, I try to be unique but doesn't always pan out that way. It isn't that I'm not writing, I am and have been off and on since January. I got She's My Kind Of Country 2 in the works along with Fame & Prayer Book 2 for Sacred Heart Series because readers have slowly caught onto Arianna and Kassidy's story. My most popular book is When They Kissed, no the ratings aren't that great and haven't had any reviews though that don't matter in my opinion. I have stories going, I have ideas flowing like no tomorrow. But for some odd reason I have taken on reading since I became apart of this readers and authors event with Angelina Kerner. I have taken on the biggest task of supporting my author which I plan on sharing my interview with her in this blog come next month. 

Currently, my goal isn't to focus on my career even though I am dying to share new genres of stories with you all. Including a romance between me and Larry that I've had readers ask for. My fantasy book Love Outside The Castle Walls, and many more. It isn't that I don't want to write even though my desktop has been given issues and I can use my laptop as I am now. It is more that I am consumed by books beyond reading Lesbian and Gay Romance though I love those genres, I am more into Fantasy deep obsession with it. The author I am supporting for these 2 months writes Urban Fantasy just like W.A. Ashes that I adore her books for. It isn't that I haven't read Fantasy before because I loved The Lunar Chronicles, still do, to be honest it is my favorite series of all besides The Princess Diaries, Vampire Academy & Bloodlines Series, and many more that I could list but won't we will be here all day. 

The fact is 2024 is going to be my reading year whether I read 30, 50, or 100 books, I am going to be reading. Since I have to have my teeth pulled out of my head this Summer (I rather preserve my boneless teeth), and see family along with our own mini vacation hopefully, I want to enjoy stories written by others. Long before my career began back in 2010's part of it and my younger years I would read non-stop even in school, I was always reading. Why? Because no one would bother me, no one would disrupt my imagination, no one would tell me what to do and when to do it. Reading became my best friend at an early age, let's about age six and as I have gotten older it has became my favorite place to be. Whether it is popular known books or it is Indie Authors that have their own stories, I always have my head in a book to go on wild adventures. 

I am currently reading three books at the moment:

Daughter of the Moon Goddess (Celestial Kingdom Series) Book 1 by Sue Lynn Tan began on December 25th, 2023 it's a big book so it's taking me a while.

Circle Of Time (Kazi Chronicles) Book 1 by Riverr Ravenzwood, I just started this on February 18th, 2024 for Kindle Unlimited for my second book of the month by the same Author whom I am promoting for.

Cursed Princess Club Book 2 by LambCat, I just finished Book 1 not that long ago and I am into knowing more about Gwen an the other cursed Princesses and Princes'. 

So, yeah, I have become a major bookworm since getting my teeth removed not that long ago and have been deep diving into reading material instead of writing. 

Oh, let's add that I am addicted to Disney's DreamLight Valley and getting as far as I can in the game. Do either of my computers like it? No. They both have their own glitches which drives me nuts but I love the game and don't want to lose progress. I have no other ways to play it right now either. 

Will I be back to writing? Eh, maybe. I rather be in my books and away from being an Author for the time being. Take away the stress of trying to please everyone and high demands of my stories. It isn't that I am not creative. I am. I just don't want too and don't want to be forced either. I have a life outside of my career. My older books are still available in Paperback and the rest are available for Wattpad, Inkitt, Kindle, Kindle Unlimited, and Paperback. I'm not out for high demands on myself. 

Take this as I will return when I am ready. Right now, sadly, it isn't the time and I don't want to. 

I wish you all a wonderful day. Happy reading and writing and any other artsy things you do. And remember your art is your own. No one else's. Keep Practicing. Keep Learning. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Authors of Amazon & Wattpad: Going Beyond Traditional Route

Personal Life: Lesbian In A Straight Relationship (Amber's Self Discovery)

The Reason Behind She's My Kind Of Country (My Personal Favorite)