First Draft Author

Not many know the reason why I just jump and publish when my books are finished. I am more invested in the story, I do have readers that read my books for me and if they see mistakes before I put the Paperback up, they will let me know. Those are the people I do trust. Otherwise, since I have began this career all I have ever done is put my books out there. I don't care about being perfect using expensive services or anything else. I am a first draft Author that does minor editing if need be for my stories. I do reread over my content, I could reread my content all year long especially putting on writing apps but I am now to the point that I am over trying to fix mistakes from older books and bringing out new stories instead, thanks to my best friend W.A. Ashes shoving it in my face to just write. I am the Author, I have control over my books, and no one can say otherwise.

I have grown as an Author in a lot of ways, no, I don't like to ask for help but I am learning to still correct my formats for Paperback. I can't fix all of my books for that but I will for my future books because I do need an Audience of all ages. I am always learning as an Author ever since I published back in 2016 with my first book. I have expanded my vocabulary much more also using thesaurus to get more expanded words and to help some readers like my younger audience who love my stories. I am still learning to also put special spacing marks in between my stories like I have many of my other stories which has taught Kami too. 

Right now, I am working on my 20th book to release 2023 Winter. I'm an Author that edits as they are writing the story because it is easier for me and to have corrections along the way. Is my basic Grammar still off? Oh yeah, most definitely. Am I ashamed? No, because I don't want to be famous or anything, I just want to tell stories and have readers enjoy them. You want to reach an Audience have some imperfections it shows that you are still a writer/author. Do I recommend this for everyone? Nope, because a lot of Authors think they need to be perfect to get readers. I'm not EVER going to receive high ratings, let alone a lot of 5 star ratings because I have people that jump at the hat to give me 1 star ratings as soon as I release new content. Does it hurt? Hell yeah, it does. Does it hurt you as an Author? Some ways, yes. 

For as many 1 stars that I receive, I get more compliments outside of Amazon and writing apps that readers enjoy my content, I may get some hateful people or doesn't understand the stories but hey, we all have our different taste. Their is no shame in what you do to gain readers as long as you have those that love your books ratings don't matter. Yes, I just said that to myself too. I'm also a unique Author that has to build chemistry with my characters because their personalities are much different then the typical male and female romance. I do take pride in making sure my characters have something to look forward too at the end of the story. She's My Kind Of Country is the best example of character chemistry and I have learned from that book, it is best to capture my readers that way.

Technically their is no writing rules just those that like to stick shit up their nose because someone didn't go to college or anything to learn how to write proper stories. No stories are proper, no stories are perfect, no stories have perfect grammar and spelling, if that is the case SHOW ME! PROVE ME WRONG! I am in no shame of how I have written my books even for first draft, I say I have earned my spot to have the FIRST DRAFT AUTHOR title. Can any Author do this, sure but most have the extensive beta and alpha readers, editors, and many more. I don't, I do everything myself besides paying for Book Covers. I will use my income to buy Book Covers to have someone make for me.

Shun me all you want for being a first draft author but I am not afraid of anyone, anymore for what I do and I am proud of myself as you should be too. Write those stories, tell those poems, express yourself in writing but don't let anyone tell you anything different.

Happy Reading, Writing, and anything else creative you do.

Back to working on my book.

♥ Amber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Authors of Amazon & Wattpad: Going Beyond Traditional Route

Personal Life: Lesbian In A Straight Relationship (Amber's Self Discovery)

Stories Are Meant To Be Told....Mine Isn't Finished